Trying to put my thoughts & ideas down somewhere and give another outlet to my creativity. It's all connected, so I can't say it's a blog about just this or just that. Dolls. Fashion. Art. A little bit on travel, whatever... let's take it wherever it goes...

2010-08-03

How would I know...

The things one learns...! I just found this post on the Couture Allure blog about the Charles James exhibition at the Brooklyn Museum (my, I do wish I could be there, those gowns are absolute eye candy!), and what do I see?

The first gown, called the "Butterfly" gown, is what the very last Gene convention doll, "Stardust", which I brought home from Philadelphia in June, is wearing! It's a different color combination, but it's definitely THAT dress. Talk about vintage inspirations...

So the Madra doll that I won as well isn't the only one wearing an outfit that was made after a real inspiration. Now that makes me wonder about the outfits of the other dolls that I got...

There are lots of old Ashton-Drake Gene outfits that are almost 1:1 copied from vintage couture designs, but this is the first time that I actually see Integrity Toys doing it too. But it's a fitting gown for a gal like Gene!

Karin

No comments:

Post a Comment